Nobody is happy with “groupware” applications, and many have fled to web applications as a result even though they offer a fraction of the possibilities a native application does and often means leaving your data in someone else’s hands. Despite this low satisfaction, a modern alternative has yet to be offered. This is the purpose of Kube: beautiful, modern communication in a reliable, high-performance native application for your desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
Kube is in early development but our goals are clear. To create a stable, understandable and effective communication and collaboration platform for end users and project managers alike. Our key-stone feature of the application is the email client, and that is our initial focus.
Kube is a modern communication and collaboration client built with QtQuick on top of a high performance, low resource usage core. It provides online and offline access to all your mail, contacts, calendars, notes, todo’s and more. With a strong focus on usability, the team works with designers and UX experts from the ground up, to build a product that is not only visually appealing but also a joy to use.
- An easy to use and beautiful UI that let’s you focus on what you need to accomplish.
- Fast and powerful when you need it, getting out of your way when you don’t.
- Full offline access so you can rely on Kube no matter where you are.
This project started with the aim to produce a product that doesn’t cater to all usecases, but does what it does well. We want a codebase that is well maintainable by a small team, and that can move fast. We want a codebase where it is fast and easy to prototype new features and turn them eventually into full implementations, without compromising the quality of the rest of the system. Additionaly the product should be portable accross a variety of platforms, including mobile, not only due to a portable codebase, but also due to different UI’s for the various formfactors.
- A small and concise codebase that is easy to modify and evolve.
- The UI is written completely in QtQuick, allowing for quick prototypes.
- Integration with third party applications:
- Since components are self contained and made available throuh the KPackage sytem, external applications can load fully functional Kube components.